Tuesday 22 December 2009

I'm a Human "Being"

I'm reading a book called "A Permanent Becoming" It's about the "Fruits of the Spirit". It's making me think about being human. I wrote a little talk once after hearing Sandi Thom sing a song about it. "I don't know what it is but I know what I believe in, I believe in love and I love being a human being" I began to realise the joy in being human, what a special thing to be. Created by God, special and gifted. Love by him for no other reason than being me. This book is affirming that. Being a Christian does not set me apart from humans, its a celebration of my humanness, the fruits of the spirit are there as part of us to be used, not constrained by political correctness or the world around us. If someone is hurting or in trouble do not deny your nature, go to them, help them it's OK! Love as He has loved us.

The Fruits of the Spirirt:

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self control.

What will you do with yours? It's OK to love, and be joyful, to be kind and gentle it doesn't make you a wuss, or weird it makes you human!!

No comments:

Post a Comment